Saturday, April 27, 2013

Midnight in the BBQ of good & evil

The small town where I live has two festivals: one in September to celebrate our past status as the one-time buggy manufacturing capital of the country; and one in April, the BBQ & Blues Festival. So the route I took for my walk this morning was clogged with RVs and cooking trailers, and the air was redolent with the tang of woodsmoke and slow-roasted pork. My Newf Yukon loves it, but then he’s a devoted carnivore. I’m a vegetarian, so there’s not quite so much love on my part. Poor pigs! [Though I do like the blues concert at night.]

The festival is actually part of the competitive barbecue-cooking circuit; who knew there was such a thing? Each team also tries to outdo each other with clever names. Look at the juxtaposition of these two teams, barely a hundred yards from one another.




Anarque vs Heavenly Hawgs!

The Grim Reaper certainly did come for a lot of pigs this weekend; let’s just hope that they’ve all earned their wings and joined this little pink angel. :D

No comments: